Sunday, April 17, 2011

No Envy, No Fear

"Brother, we all see. You are hiding out so painfully. See yourself come out to play. A lover's rain will wash away your envy and your fear. So have no envy, no fear..."- Joshua Radin

Remember basketball on the playground
Remember the long talks
Remember the music
Remember Garden State
Remember the letters
Remember the summer
Remember please?
I am just scared you forgot...

"This is not how I want to be forgotten."-Matt Pond PA

People come and go, that is one of the hardest parts of life, especially when it is people that have been in your life for a time worth noting. It is the best friend getting married, the grandparent making their peace and leaving for a better place, never to return, only to wait for you to come to them. It is the child growing up, it is the realization that you both have changed. It is the realization it will never be like it was before. What you thought was the present has become the past, and you realize you don't know where you are anymore, you aren't even sure of yourself.

I remember thinking what life would be like when I was 22, 23, 24.... I had such a big dreams, big plans, big expectations. Now all I have is worry and what could have beens. Then again, life was never meant to be scripted, something I have painfully learned through experience.

"What was so easy in the evening, by the morning is such a drag..."-Bright Eyes

I just miss some people. I always wanted to grow up someday, I just didn't want to grow up alone. I always want people to stay, I don't like leaving.

If I had a chance to talk to you, I'd tell you it's ok, we all have fear. I'd remind you of who you are. I'd remind you of how envious I have been of you at times. I'd let you know that some things just aren't worth the time anymore since you left. Sometimes I find myself wanting to laugh, but you aren't there to join me. Laughing isn't what it used to be since you aren't around. You weren't around to talk basketball at all this season. I wish there was someone around me that was as excited about the playoffs as I am, or even someone just to watch them with. Is it ok to say that I miss you? Is it ok to say people need you? That I need you around? What about our plans? Moving in next to each other? Our kids were supposed to grow up to be best friends. Now I even wonder if you will be around for when our brother gets married. We have been waiting for you to come home. Please come home.

"We all want to tell you we wish that you were still around"-Matt Pryor

I just want my friend back. I just don't want to lose anyone anymore. I don't want anyone else to leave. But I guess that is what growing up is, people leaving... I want to do all the things I need to, I just don't know if I can do it alone.

"Everyday we try to find. We search our hearts and our minds. The place we used to call our home can't be found when we're alone. So have no envy and no fear. No envy and no fear..."-Joshua Radin

You said come home
and I told you I would in time
one day i'll be back to make peace
and fill my chair at the dinner table
to let you know where I have been
and what I saw
all the while I was gone
I was thinking of you
and all the tales that would make you proud of me
So for now, all I have is books and a pen
and a guitar that isn't much good in my hands
I do still have my plans and my dreams
in fact, that's all I have anymore...

"I didn't want to go home but I like my home now"-Limbeck

Remain,

A postcard from the lost (but will be found in time)

P.S. Listen to this during your travels, let me know what you think...

check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment