Friday, April 1, 2011

Opening Day

It was opening day today, the major league baseball season has started. To me, it means spring has arrived. The long winter has come to an end... I made it.

I hope this summer brings some sun to ease the burden winter has put on all of us. This winter was long, dark, and trying. I probably have some form of seasonal affective disorder, but doesn't everyone? I do appreciate some things about winter, but after Christmas and the new year, I find the cold weather and snow pointless. I feel like summer is nature's reward to us for making it to winter. I love summer, everyday feels like Saturday, even Mondays. Spring is the beginning.

If your strife strikes at your sleep
Remember spring swaps snow for leaves
You'll be happy and wholesome again
When the city clear and the sun ascends - Mumford & Sons

It just felt good being alive today. It felt good just to feel the sun. I sat out on the balcony and just felt the air. I turned up the music and rolled down the windows. Life seemed to turn a page today, everyone seemed excited. We made it through winter, alive... that is reason enough to celebrate for me.

Can you feel it?
It's here
I'm here
You are here
it's time to enjoy each other
it's time to talk...

I have no expectations for the summer, I am not putting pressure on it like I have in years past. I am just going to let it happen and enjoy every second of it. I want to experience it fully, for what it really is. I intend on doing certain things, like seeing the great pacific and enjoying the summer nights. I hope for good conversation. I hope for friendship. I hope for love. I hope for family. I hope for you... let's talk and take a long drive. There could be a group of us, we could talk about music, books, thoughts on time and the weird things that make for good memories. We could create something. I see opportunities. Do you? Let summer swallow us whole...

Loving,

A postcard from the lost (but finding the sun)

P.S. Road trips were meant for the summer as a means to get to the ocean. That's just my opinion

"Tonight will go on forever while we walk around this town like we own the streets, and stay awake through summer like we own the heat..."-Brand New



1 comment: