Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I am here, but my soul is in the Lonestar State

Almost 3 years... yeah, it's been that long. Almost 3 years ago I stepped off a plane from the great state of texas and back into the chaos of real life. I thought it would be great, but it was a lot harder than I expected. I soon became homesick for a place that for two years had been my home, but it felt like it had been my home all my life. It's an interesting thing what can become home to a person. My homes scatter all over, yet seem also so close and connected.

News Flash: Rangers took a 3-2 lead in the world series. Yeah buddy! That's right. One more win and they are world champs. I take a little pride in my rangers. After all, I spent a solid six months serving in one of my favorite places on earth, Arlington, TX. Bless the people there. They are dear to me, even the ones that didn't like me (P.S. I want to make it very clear I am not a cowboys fan. I draw the line at a certain point. I have my teams. I stick with them. I hop on the occasional bandwagon. This year my bandwagon team is the Buffalo Bills. Why you ask? I ask Why Not? Their QB is a Harvard grad and Fred Jackson has produced 20 point games for me on my fantasy team week in and week out. It's not that hard to like them, as opposed to the Cowboys, who repeatedly under perform but yet they are in super bowl talks every year? Give me a break. Give me the Bills on every day that ends in a Y. ) I went to the Ballpark in Arlington twice. It is a classy place. It reminds you why baseball is America's pastime. I miss Texas. I always will.





Nolan Ryan is this big in real life...

"Some people say he was less than a god but more than a man. You know, like hercules or somethin' " -Sandlot

I beg for a World Series title for my Rangers, for I consider Texas my home. Just like I consider the mountains, Oregon, The desert of AZ, the tiny apt on Arkansas Lane, The coast, the house, the childhood friend, my brothers, my sister, the sun, the water, and you... Yes, I am home.

Standing on the edge of the great plains,

A boy who once was good and a man who is trying to get back to where he once was


2 comments:

  1. How can you not miss a place that is filled with cowboy boots and belt buckles? That sounds like my kind of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is heaven. It is good. You must experience it.

    ReplyDelete