Thursday, October 27, 2011

Scribbles

Wednesday. The half way point. When you see the light at the end of the tunnel. The weekend is within reach.

What do my days consist of? Random thoughts. Spending too much time on random thoughts. Boredom, Urgency, False alarms and time.

So I am sitting in math class today. I honestly had no clue why I went. Every time I go to math the more confused I become. I will just sit there and soon my bewilderment turns to boredom. Some may ask "Well, be productive and do some other homework from another class." Did I do this? No, I did not. Instead I downloaded the Twitter app on my phone and created a Twitter account. I have no clue why. Everyone else seems to have one, so I followed the sheep off the cliff. My life never sleeps. I feel like I have an alter ego I have created. The Internet is the perfect way to lie about yourself. I hope I stay true to my inconsistent nature. But if you feel so inclined, follow me for obsessions and mumbles @iusedtobeaaron. I am not guarantying anything of value, all I guarantee is words.

I later decided on lunch at Costa Vida. In case people don't know yet, UVU is stepping up their game. They have a costa vida and subway now with a pizza hut expected soon. It feels so ... modern? I have no clue what the word is for it. As I am eating my small salad with a wheat tortilla (that's right, I'm a whole grain kind of guy these days) a lady is walking down the hall singing opera. I like music but opera hurts my ears and my patience. I don't get it. This chick was looking down at her sheet music and just belting it as she walked down the hall. Oh, the characters of the world. It reminds me of this guy who walks around UVU campus with a guitar and just sings all day every day like he is changing the world one UVU soul at a time. He dresses like Johnny Rzeznik from the Goo Goo Dolls circa Dizzy Up the Girl album. It's like I am looking straight into 1998. It's a trip.

So I decide to productive around 6 and hit up my apt complex gym. I would hit up Gold's and then leave with low self esteem from all the tools on steroids but I just can't spend 28 dollars a month right now to maintain an inferiority complex. So I walk into the small little gym at the apt office building and someone is on the stationary bike I always ride. Mind you, this gym is small and ghetto so there are 2 bikes, 2 treadmills, an elliptical that doesn't works and mis-matched collection of dumbbells. So I pump some iron but truly, I just want to get on the bike, work up a sweat and call it a day. However, this lady is on the bike and she is barely pedaling. She is wrapped up in a book. How can some one read while they are trying to do cardio? How can anyone really do anything but listen to music and work up a sweat while working out? She was going so slow so would have burned just as many calories sitting on her couch and lifting her feet up and down. Oh yeah, and this guy was running on the treadmill in crocs. What the hell? Just go barefoot man. The fitness impaired make me shake my head sometimes. Not that I am a guru, I just know enough to know going for a jog in jeans and a pair of moccasins isn't a great idea. You'll ruin a perfectly good pair of Indian shoes.

I do enjoy my music while I am pumping the iron and trimmin' the fat.

Latest Digs:

Deep End - Swollen Members
Cinderella Man - Eminem
Kyla - Swollen Members
White Riot - The Clash
Sink - Brand New

Impatience gets the best of me too often. Let things come as the may in the time they choose.
Will I ever create something worthwhile?
Help me be me.

I just ramble on and on, why do I think anyone is even interested? I'm selfish in my sharing.

Do yourself a favor and don't take me seriously. I don't.


Scribbling. Wondering. Breathing,

Iusedtobeaaron


If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like - Garden State




2 comments:

  1. you should have told me what your twitter name was when you confessed that to me. i died. so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold my soul. I am nothing but a shell.

    ReplyDelete