Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunshine ...

"Smile when you feel the sunlight"- The Format

Summer, it's been too long since I have seen or heard from you. I need reason to be happy again, I need reason to be hopeful. I need summer, I need you...

It's not in the success I find comfort, nor in the gain of that which is temporal. I find my peace in the sunlight, in the nights that I wish would last for days that would turn into weeks. It is here where I will make memories, it is then I will make my escape. It is there I will find purpose, it is there I will find myself and what I intended all along...

I don't know what it is about summer, it is hard to explain what separates it from everything else. I no longer have the reason of school holidays or summer camps. Yet the craving for sunlight and long days are still there. Maybe it is the memories which I anticipate for the future. The camping trips, the backyard bbqs, the baseball games, waterfights... these are the things that make the winter struggles worth it... this is the joy promised... the joy we crave... the joy I miss

"Settle down, barbeque in the backyard
The kids get treats and old folks get classic cars
Every day that gets to pass is a success
Every woman looks better in a sun dress
The sunshine's an excuse to shoot hoops, get juice
Show improve their moves and let loose
I hear voices, I see smiles to match em
Good times and you can feel it in the fashion
Even though the heat cooks up the action
The streets still got butterflies
Enough kids to catch 'em
Ridin my bike around these lakes man
Feelin like I finally figured out my escape plan
Take it all and the day started off all wrong
Somehow now that hangover is all gone
Ain't nothing like the sound of the leaves
When the breeze penetrates these southside trees
Leanin' up against one, watchin the vibe
Forgettin' all about the stress, thanking God I'm alive
It's so simple, I had to keep the song simple
When I get home I'm gonna open all the windows" - Atmosphere

I wait for this
I wait for reason
I wait for sunshine
I wait for joy
I wait to live...

Summer, I await for your swift return. I have been waiting for you...

In the meantime...
appreciate
create
hope
be loved
make love
stay the course
It will be May soon enough
the promised day is near...

Eagerly Awaiting,

A Postcard from the lost (and looking)

"I need freedom now and I need to know how to live my life as it was meant to be"-Mumford & Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment